Monday, January 16, 2012

Imagination!

I am frequently blown away by the power of Judith's imagination.  I imagine that's true for most mothers.  Here are some of her recent playtime imaginings.

Picnic on the White Planet
We recently watched an early episode of Wallace & Gromit (British claymation show by Aardman) in which they decide to take a trip to the moon because it must be made of cheese.  A few days after watching it, Judith noticed the sheets off our bed (laundry day) and decided she need to play there.  She explained that she was on the white planet and that it was made of cheese.
the white planet

During her picnic, as I was taking pictures, she held up this bracelet to her eye.  "I look like Professor Z!" she said.  It took me a minute to remember that the Professor is a character from Cars2 - he wears a monocle.
"I look like Professor Z"

The Proper Way to Eat
Judith's favorite snack food is Cheerios mixed with Annie's Whole Wheat Bunnies.  Frequently she has them for breakfast or for a snack throughout the day.  The other day I walked into the living room to discover Cheerios and Bunnies lined up at right angles on the tea table.  When I asked what she was doing, she said that she had to eat them this way - that the Cheerios were waiting for the bunnies.  Then she demonstrated proper eating technique:  pick up a Cheerio with the bunny's foot and then eat them together.
"the cheerios are ready for the bunnies"
 We'll have to write to Heloise to tell her the right way to eat this snack mix.
"see...this is how you eat them"

No comments: