Monday, January 16, 2012

Goals

(warning:  no pictures of Judith in this blog!)
The third week of January may be a little late to talk about New Year's Resolutions.  I'm getting around that faux pax by calling them "Goals for the Year".  And I'm blogging about it so that I will be completely honest with myself a month from now, six months from now, and in December. 

Although some of these have a specific end, most of these goals are about building better habits.  So, 10 goals for 2012:
  1. I will reach and maintain my weight loss goal.
  2. I will plan more healthy meals for myself and my family (not just meals that aren't high in calories) including salads with most dinners.
  3. I will study my Bible more regularly and more passionately.
  4. I will make time (and arrange child care) for more dates with Lance.
  5. I will research and create a plan for homeschooling Judith.
  6. I will invite guests for dinner at least once every two months.
  7. I will more closely follow our grocery budget, curbing splurge impulses.
  8. I will not go to bed without cleaning up the kitchen.
  9. I will care for my houseplants so that they thrive instead of being just barely kept alive.
  10. I will blog at least once per week.
Theme for the year:  Health

Barbara

No comments: