Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sleeping Update (day unknown!)

Right after I blogged the last sleeping update (like two weeks ago) Judith went through a growth spurt. And since I knew that would just throw everything off, I completely stopped any effort at getting her to take longer naps. Two days later she slept almost the whole day because she caught Lance's cold and was sick. And then we flew to MI (see next update) for a week, and her sleeping "schedule" went completely down the tubes. Last night (our first night home) she was awake every hour crying for her pacifier! And today she's going through a growth spurt again (how that's possible after just two weeks since the last one I don't know), so everything's off.

I'm kind of thinking that I'll wait to try any sort of "schedule" until after her six month checkup (I need to call and schedule that) since she gets to start solid food then, and it's my understanding that will also impact her sleeping. Right now I just take it day by day, and am trying to really follow her tiredness cues closely.

No comments: