Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tumbling Blocks - Ta Da!

It's finally finished!  The afghan that I first started early January has been completed!  It's on our bed now, and it makes me want to decorate the whole room to match :-).  Here are the pictures:

TA DA!!

The border - pointed on the sides and straight across the top/bottom.

different angle

I'm so, so happy with it! 

Again, for those interested, the pattern for the individual diamonds (and joining method) comes from Red Heart's Prairie Star pattern, but I graphed out the tumbling blocks design on my own.

The Joy
I have to admit that somewhere around the beginning of February I got a little sick of working on this.  It was taking soooo looong.  And I took a break to make other things occasionally (as evidenced by all the other crochet projects I've blogged about). But I persevered.  And discovered the joy of making it through to the end.  So this blanket is a very vivid reminder of the joy James writes about - the joy that comes from perseverance.

Joy to you!
Barbara

No comments: