Friday, March 13, 2009

Five ounces!!

This afternoon Judith drank five ounces of milk (slightly watered down so there'd be more) from the bottle - from Lance. This is a huge breakthrough. Earlier this week she had a complete meltdown when I tried to give her the bottle at all. Then, out of the blue, yesterday she took a bottle from me at 3:00 and another at 6:00. I've been watering down the milk because I can't really express enough in a day to be able to feed her each day. So I'm hopeful that our overnight away will go ok (eating wise).

Sleeping-wise she's still waking up at least twice a night (usually around 2:00 and around 6:00), and she's only sleeping for 11 hours (instead of the 12 I've been told she needs). I'm feeding her at both times, mostly because every other night or so she wakes up earlier than 2:00, takes 20-30 minutes to go back to sleep, and then wakes up in another hour anyway. I'm afraid if I don't feed her, she'll be up every hour!

She's definitely crawling forward now - it's not quite the "classic crawl" motion (on hands and knees) but it's pretty close to that. She certainly gets around as much as she wants to.

No comments: