Saturday, October 25, 2008

Music

This is one of those time (more frequent recently!) that I wish I had a video camera. What these pictures don't show is that Judith is crowing and squealing (quite musically, of course) while Lance plays to her. It was so fun to listen to! I'm not sure whether or not he's played to her before, but this is the first time that I remember her responding so enthusiastically.

I also sing to her all the time (she doesn't mind if I'm out of tune!). I sing a wide variety of things, and I have fun making up new words to old songs. Some of our favorites:
With apologies to CCR: "I put a bib on you - 'cause you're mine. I put a bib on you - I ain't lyin. I won't take none of your spitting around."
With apologies to the Beatles: "Hey Judith, it's time to eat. Mama's milk is really yummy. Remember to let it under your skin; then you begin to fill your tummy."
With apologies to Abba: "and like a super pooper nights are gonna find me, smiling back at you, feelin' like a number two."

In good Sjoerdsma family tradition, she also enjoys "The Wreck of the Old 97," "Good morning to you", and Carole King's "Child of Mine".

No comments: